May 8 Added photos of the concrete pilings that were still left over in 2012
Built ??, vacant Since 2000. Photos since May 2004. A former nightclub under many different names – demolished winter 2011.
May 8 Added photos of the closed Building 19 from 2014
Racetrack, clubhouse, stables, and grandstands built 1934 and closed 1978. Photos starting March 2009. Grandstands are still open as a Building 19 discount store. Most of the other structures were lost to fires.
May 8 Added a photo of the renovation in 2014
Built 1923, photos starting Oct 2004. The most shallow building in Providence – only 12 1/2 feet deep.
Mar 20 Added an anecdote from Marge Phelps
Built 1905, demolished 1912. Postcards from various dates. Originally located along the water in E. Providence.
Mar 20 Added an anecdote from James R. Pannozzi
Built 1929, photos starting July 2004. Frank S. Perry, architect.
Mar 20 Added an anecdote from Pete F.
Built 1954, photos by Gemma April-July 1989. Demolished July 1989.
Mar 20 Added an anecdote from AJC Westwood
Built 1890, demolition began on January 3, 1998. Photos by Erik Gould, 1997-98. National Historic Register designation. Replaced with a sort-lived Stop and Shop.
Feb 25 Added an anecdote from John
Built 1927 as a gym and recreation center for Brown University. Photos started the summer 2001, and demolition was complete by summer, 2002. This building was one of the first ten to get added to AIR.
Feb 25 Added an anecdote from Pete Kelley
Built 1893, 1903. Photos starting Mar 2006. National Register Status.
Feb 25 Added an anecdote from Brent Williams
A beloved amusement park that tried to stand the test of time and Six Flags type parks, 1886 – 1979. The Looff Carousel on the National Register of Historic Sites and Places in 1976.
Feb 25 Added an anecdote from Wendy Butler
Built circa 1976, photos starting Dec 2003.
Feb 25 Added an anecdote from David Guleserian
Built 1940?, photos starting June 2006.
Jan 25 Added an anecdote from Patricia
Several family owned chinese restaurants want to hear from you about your memories and experiences at their fine establishments.
Jan 25 Added an anecdote from Zack
Built 1951, upgraded to three screens in 1988. 550 car capacity and the only open Drive-In Theatre left in RI.
Jan 25 Added an anecdote from Pat C
Built 1890s, photos starting June 2004. Re-opened as apartments in Summer 2005. Developed by Cornish Associates.
Jan 25 Added an anecdote from Steve K. and Labann