Stay Tuned for an even better AIR. Plans are in the works to make this a database driven site. What does that mean? More searchable, more malleable, quicker, and customizable.
Built 19??, photos starting March 2006. Redeveloped by The Armory Revival Company and designed by Kite Architects
Built 1920, photos starting 2003.
Built ??, photos starting June 2007.
Built circa 1900 as a firehouse. 65 Ashburton redeveloped into a store in 2006. Damiano Brothers welding is next door at 53 Ashburton St and will soon be home to Snookers.
Built 19??, photos on March 2006. Redeveloped by The Armory Revival Company 2002.
Built ??, vacant from 1999 to 2003. Photos starting summer 2002.
Built 1898, photos starting 2003. Developed by Cornish Associates.
Built ??, photos starting March 2006. Bounded by Valley Street, Hemlock Street, Harris Avenue and Eagle Street, Olneyville, Providence.
Built early 20th century, photos starting March 2003. Proposed Historic status.
Built 1888, photos starting February 2003. Vacant since 1980. Part of the National Register Church Hill Industrial District, 1982.
Built 1878, photos starting September 2002.
Built 1872, partially vacant since 1964. Photos starting 2001. National Register Historic Status 2003. Redeveloped into the Promenade 2004. Architect (partial) Thomas McFarlane.
Built 1928, designed by architect Frank S. Perry. Renovated for office space in 1978, and purchased by Brown University in 2009.
Built 1870 (Burgess) and 1925 (O’Gorman), photos starting 2002. Developed by Cornish Associates in 2002-2004.
Built 1908-1926, photos starting 2011. Redeveloped starting 2010 as art studio spaces.
Built 1845-1918, photos November 2005. National Register Status (individual) for the Providence Calendering Company.
Built circa 1767 and appeared on 2008 & 2009 PPS Ten MOst Endangered List. The only well-preserved pre-Revolutionary War structure left on the lower part of South Main Street.
Built 1881-1891, photos starting March, 2002. Restored and converted to retail space by Carpionato Prop, overlooking Garden City, Cranston.
Built 1899, photographs starting October 9, 2004. Redeveloped during 2004-2005.
Built 1915, photos starting March 2004.
Built ca. 1875, photos starting June 2006.
Built 1972, opened in 1973. Original architects Ellerbee Associates. Redeveloped and improved in 2006-2008.
Built 1856, photos starting March 2003. Broadway-Armory National Register Historic District status.
Built 1856, photos starting 2002. Redeveloped starting 2002 as an art space.
Built 1919, photos starting 2004. First-floor listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Designed 1917 by York & Sawyer. Renovation architect Office dA
Built 1895-1903. Photos starting October 2004. Redeveloped 1998-2004. George Waterman Cady, original architect.
Built in 1926 as, well, a bath house for the community of Fox Point, but it's been vacant for what looks like quite a while. Will it ever get redeveloped?
Built ??, photos starting 2007. Former home to Distinctive Case.
Built 1826-1893, empty and vacant for at least 20 years. Redeveloped starting in 2005 as the Halstead; project architect Newport Collaborative Architects. Slatersville Historic District, National Register of Historic Places, added 1973.
Built 1852, photos starting Sept 2004.
Built 1889 to 1913. Photos starting 2004. 650,000 sq. feet of interior space
Built 1921, photos starting July 2006. Rolo Jewelry vacated in 1997.
Built 189?, photos starting April 2006.
Built c.1860, photos starting June 2007. Part of the Broadway-Armory National Register Historic District.
Built 1947, photos starting 2007. National Register listed January 2010 (as the Central Diner).
Built 1824, photos starting September 2008. Redeveloped by Tai O.
Built late 1920s, photos starting Feb 2002. Vacant since 1929. Redeveloped by Sage Hospitality Group 2004-2007 as the Renaissance Hotel. National Register Historic status 2006.
Built 1887-1888 in Queen Anne style, remodeled mid-20th century in Art Deco. Redeveloped summer-fall 2009.
Built 1918, photos starting September 2009.
Built 1866, photos starting June 2005. Redeveloped starting 2002. J.C. Bucklin, original architect.
Built 1856, 1867, 1877. Photos starting 2002. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places as a contributing building in the Smith Hill Historic District.
Built circa 1907, photos starting winter 2010. Listed on the National Register.
Opened November 1924, photos starting in 2004. Redevelopment started in 2004.
Built 1894, photos starting April 2003. 43,200 square feet of space insid. Part of the Exchange Street Historic District, and individually listed on the National Register, 1983.
Built 1850-1865, photos starting March 2004. Redeveloped by the Armory Revival Company during 2004-2005 with Durkee, Brown, Viveiros & Werenfels Architects
Built 1890s, photos starting June 2004. Re-opened as apartments in Summer 2005. Developed by Cornish Associates
Built 1923-29, photos starting May 19, 2003 (after AS220’s Fools Ball).
Built 1949, designed by Cram & Ferguson, Architects. Photos starting October 2004.
Built 1868, photos starting August 2007. Previously located at 142 Angell Street.
Built 1903, photos starting March 2004. Construction began April 2002. Original architects Stone Carpenter and Wilson. Renovation architects Kennedy & Violich Architects.
Built 1867, photos starting March 2003. Individual National Register Historic status, 2003.
Built 1901, photos starting February 2003. National Register Historic Status as part of Exchange St. Hist. District.
Built circa 1915, photos starting June 2005.
Built 1860, photos starting May 2003. Vacant since 1993. National Register Historic status. David Thompson, Architect for 1890 reconstruction. SBER, developers for the 2004-08 redevelopment.
Built ??, photos starting April 2007.
Built 1922-23. Photos starting March 2003.
Built 1881, photos starting February 2007. Approx. 108,000 sf.
Built 1913, photos starting July 2005. Original architect Albert Harkness.
Built 1934. Photos starting 2005. National Register Downtown Pawtucket Historic District.
Photos starting June 2005.
Built ??, photos starting Oct 2004.
Built 1930s, photos starting March 2003.
Built 1911, remodelled 1946. Photos starting April 2012. Partially demolished 2012.
Built 1917, photos starting January 2003. A project of the West Elmwood Housing Development Corporation. Redevelopment architects Durkee Brown
Built 1880, photos starting June 2006. Redeveloped by StudioAD, an architecture firm, for their office.
Built circa 1900, photos starting 2002. Previously vacant for 20 years. New developer, Cornish Associates.
Built 1837-1918 by Frank P. Sheldon. Photos starting April 2004. Individual National Register Status for the Providence Dyeing, Bleaching, Calendering Company, 2004.