The Newest Updates from 315 total properties

RI AuditoriumRI Auditorium

Nov 20 Added an anecdote from Thomas Rabczak

Built 1926, photos from the RI Reds web site, the artist Rittman, and Tucker Terzian.

Loutit LaundryLoutit Laundry

Nov 20 Added an anecdote from Charles Hebert

Built app. 1906 and vacant since 1987. The WBNA has plans to redevelop this building, which has been plagued by fire and decay.

Narragansett Race TrackNarragansett Race Track

Nov 20 Added an anecdote from Carol Thomas and Carlton Vose

Racetrack, clubhouse, stables, and grandstands built 1934 and closed 1978. Photos starting March 2009. Grandstands are still open as a Building 19 discount store. Most of the other structures were lost to fires.

Union WaddingUnion Wadding

Nov 20 Added an anecdote from Carol Thomas

Built 1847 and 1870, vacated in 2005. Photos starting April 2007. Owned by First National Development for the conversion into apartments. Conversion began slowly in 2008 and continued into 2009 and 2010. Fire destroyed half of the complex on October 13, 2010.

Anderson LittleAnderson Little

Nov 20 Added an anecdote from Pankaj

Built ?? and vacant since ??. Photos starting 2003. Demolition starting December 2009. Part of a once-bustling commercial district on North Main Street near the Pawtucket border.

Gorham SilverGorham Silver

Nov 20 Added an anecdote from Ray Pouliot

Built 1890, demolition began on January 3, 1998. Photos by Erik Gould, 1997-98. National Historic Register designation. Replaced with a sort-lived Stop and Shop.

Chinese RestaurantsChinese Restaurants

Jul 20 Added an anecdote from Lori Ann DiSandro and Karan

Several family owned chinese restaurants want to hear from you about your memories and experiences at their fine establishments.

Vanity FairVanity Fair

Jul 20 Added an anecdote from Christine Tassone

Built 1905, demolished 1912. Postcards from various dates. Originally located along the water in E. Providence.

The Milk CanThe Milk Can

Jul 20 Added an anecdote from Ronald Truppa and Lori Caruolo Truppa

Built 1931, photos starting December 2005. HABS/HAER photos taken 1983. Previously located on Rt 146, Lincoln, at the junction of 146 and 295; now located further down on the other side of the highway. National Register status 1979.

Ward BakingWard Baking

Jul 20 Added an anecdote from Dave Hall

A circa 1975 image hanging in one of the conference rooms of an accounting firm in the Turks Head building.

The CyclodomeThe Cyclodome

Jul 20 New images for map overlays of where it was located

A banked bicycle racing track built in 1923 that also housed a football field for the Providence Steam Roller. Its former location was along North Main Street where the Shaws Plaza is now.

Ward BakingWard Baking

Jul 20 Added an anecdote from Wayne Guyette

Built 1911, remodelled 1946. Photos starting April 2012. Partially demolished 2012.

Cumberland Engineering, formerly Howard & Bullough American Machine CoCumberland Engineering, formerly Howard & Bullough American Machine Co

Mar 11 New (old) photos from the demolition of this large mill complex on the border of Pawtucket and North Attleboro

Built in 1894 on the South Attleboro side of the Pawtucket line. 300 feet long with half a million square feet of floor space. Fred M. Roddy was the inventor who revolutionized the plastics industry and later founded Cumberland Engineering.

Edgewood Yacht ClubEdgewood Yacht Club

Mar 10 Added an anecdote from Carolyn Mancone

Built 1908, Murphy, Hindle & Wright, architects. Destroyed by fire January 12, 2011.

Bonanza Bus StationBonanza Bus Station

Mar 10 Added an anecdote from George B.

Built 1963 and torn down for the construction of the RI Convention Center and Westin Hotel, late 1990s. Philemon E. Sturges, architect.

Morris NoveltyMorris Novelty

Mar 10 Added an anecdote from George B.

Built ??. Been a Novelty/Costume store for the better part of 20 years. Borders the Mineral Spring Cemetery to the west. Burned July 26, 2011.