Links: The ArtInRuins To Do List
Help out by tackling an item on our To Do list
ArtInRuins can only grow with more help from people like you. Take a look at some of the items on our radar, and try to help us out where you can. It’d be great if you could.
To Do List:
Complete Projects (history and photos, or one or the other)
- Add info and photos for the Moses Brown Headmasters House (Google Maps Street View) which was torn down for a new building
- Add info and photos about the Bomes & Castle Theaters
- Add the General Ambrose Burnside House
- Add the Cathedral of St. John and Diocesan Properties
- Add the former RIDOT Headquarters and Garage, Promenade District (from PPS’s Ten Most List)
- Add the What Cheer Mutual Fire Insurance Co. (United Way) Building
- Add info and take photos of the entire 560 Mineral Spring Ave complex, including ones across the street behind and including Lorraine Fabric
- Convert the About section to the new layout format
- Convert the Streetscapes section to the new layout format
- Convert the Other Lists page to the new layout format
- Build a searchable database of all the properties with longitudes and latitudes (see data erntry below)
AIR would like to become database-driven. To do that, the relevant contents of our pages need to be entered into a spreadsheet, which will then be turned into a database. We have started a Google Doc that will do just that. Contact us to learn more about how to help.
- Find more photos of RISDs Farnum Hall. Students, please send in photos if you have some.
- Take new photos of the Terminal Buildings on Allens Avenue
- Take new photos of the Burgess O’Gorman building, Westminster Street
- Take photos of the new Central High School, Providence Technical School
- Take new photos of the complete RISD Chace Student Center
- Take new photos of Calender Mills, 52 Valley Street
Thanks for Helping!
- Paul Shelasky: Took photos of the former Rolo building, Pine St, now JWU Student Services Center and the BCBS Headquarters.
Send images to the following email: highchairdesignhaus [at] gmail [dot] com. We’ll prepare them and add a photo credit to them for you. If you’d like to prepare them, please crop them to 510 x 383 pixels and include a photo credit (we like 10pt Helvetica all caps). Send us text – if you can prepare a history – to the same address, and thanks.