Architect: Howard Hoppin (Hoppin, Read, & Hoppin; Hoppin & Ely; Hoppin, Field, & Peirce)

1 property

1856 to 1940 — Hoppin began his architectural practice in Providence in the late 1870s. He worked alone until 1890, when he was joined by Spencer P. Read and his brother, Francis L. V. Hoppin to form Hoppin, Read & Hoppin until 1896. Hoppin then took Edward F. Ely into the firm, as Hoppin & Ely. In 1907, Ely left and Frederick E. Field became partner as Hoppin & Field until 1922. Thomas J. Hill Peirce joined the firm becoming Hoppin, Field & Peirce until Hoppin’s retirement. Source: Wikipedia