Architect: Samuel Lerner

2 properties

(1908–1993) A 1930 graduate of Brown University, Mr. Lerner returned in 1936 as a professor until his retirement in 1973. As a professional engineer, he maintained a private architectural practice and was the designer of numerous factories, office buildings, and houses in southern New England. Source: Providence Journal Obituary

  • A mid-century brick indistrial building on the edge of the Jewelry District is given new life as part of Johnson & Wales University

    Jewelry District | Built: 1948 | Redeveloped: 2013-2014 | Decade: 1940-1949

  • A classic mid-century brick and limestone commercial building transformed into a highly visible commercial, residential, and rooftop restaurant space

    East Side | Built: 1948–1949 | Redeveloped: 2016–2017 | Decade: 1940-1949