TL;DR: These things are long, we get it. Here's what you need to know. We only use Google Analytics to track usage of the site, and the tool does a good job of keeping that data anonymous. BUT, that service could change and we might now know about it. It might be collecting data that we do not get access to and do not know about. So, there’s that.
- We do not knowingly collect or store personal information without your consent
- We do not sell your information to any 3rd parties
- You may opt out of cookies and it will not affect the function of the site
- You may request to have your submitted anecdotes deleted if you so choose
This statement of privacy applies to ArtInRuins.com (ArtInRuins) and governs data collection and usage. The ArtInRuins website is a historical information and photography website. By using the ArtInRuins website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
#Collection of your personal information
ArtInRuins uses the Google Analytics service to collect anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your:
- Interests as they are available in your Google profile
ArtInRuins does not collect information unique to you unless supplied by you directly through our property anecdote email form. Directly disclosed personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data may be collected and used by others.
#Sharing information with third parties
ArtInRuins does not sell, rent, or lease its visitor lists to third parties.
ArtInRuins may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal processes; (b) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of ArtInRuins or the public.
#Tracking user behavior
ArtInRuins may keep track of the websites and pages our users visit within ArtInRuins.com in order to determine what properties are the most popular. This data IS NOT used for advertising content or services to our visitors.
#Automatically collected information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by ArtInRuins and Google Analytics. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, and referring website addresses. This information is used to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the ArtInRuins website.
The ArtInRuins website may use “cookies” to help personalize the online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. ArtInRuins offers no user account feature, no user log in, and no payment options — therefore, the cookies we use are for opting into or out of analytical tracking.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, your experience with ArtInRuins WILL NOT be compromised.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
#Right to deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from a visitor, we will:
- Delete personal information from our records; and
- Direct any service providers to delete specifically identifiable personal information from their records.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete personal information if it is necessary to:
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or persecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug, identify, and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
#Children under thirteen
ArtInRuins does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
#Changes to this statement
ArtInRuins welcomes your questions or comments regarding this statement of privacy. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, concerns, or request to remove personal data.
Effective as of August 21, 2020